Happy Centenary to the Passionists in Australia!!


My links to the  Passionists: Holy Spirit Province began in my teens when my family became involved with the Passionists at the old St Gabriel's Monastery in Lovely Banks. I have fond memories of Fr Jim Kerrigan and Br Stephen in those days. 

The Geelong connection continued when a local, Kevin Hennessy joined the community. Kevin and I were altar servers at Ss Peter and Paul's Church in Geelong West in the early 1960s. In this photo of those days we were also servers at masses at St Patrick's Chapel in the grounds of our old Primary School. Kevin and I are next to each other on the right hand side of the back row. with Kevin much taller than my shorter frame.


Just over ten yeasr later we were both back for a reunion at St Patrick's Primary School in Geelong West with two of the women who had taught us twenty years before. In this pic I was still a Capuchin in the back row with kevin in the centre and Peter McMurrich SM on the extreme right.






When I arrived in Brisbane in 1992 I lived close to John Etheridge, C.P. retired Bishop of Vanimo. John and I became good friends and often shared theology and coffee. 


What are your Passionist connections to share as part of this anniversary? 

Comments