Corpus Christi Declaration 2022

On this feast of Corpus Christi let us honour the presence of Jesus in this land which always was, always will be Aboriginal land.

Image source

On this feast of Corpus Chrisii let us  honour the presence of Jesus on streets where people have marched in protest for refugee rights, for worker’s rights, for women’s rights and for peace and justice.


On this feast of Corpus Christi let our songs echo the traditional laments of those who mourn black deaths in custody, the loss of connection to land and culture. 

On this feast of Corpus Christi let us honour the presence of Jesus on footpaths and in shopfronts where homeless people sleep rough seeking shelter and comfort.

On this feast of Corpus Christi  let us remember our religious duty to feed the poor, to set the prisoners free, to care for the widows and orphans, to protect this planet, our common home, to welcome the stranger, to proclaim the social upheaval of the Magnificat of Mary.


Image Source


On this feast of Corpus Christi I will celebrate as a gay man where the sanctuary of my home is decorated  with a rainbow flag  I will add my colours to the banners of parish and ethnic communities in the public procession of devotion.  I will wear the flair of the rainbow alongside the brocade and lace of religious vestments. I will process  with my Catholic community as I have processed so often on previous demonstrations of my core beliefs with those seeking justice, human rights and liberation.


Comments