Tenth Day of Christmas: Time to Take Stock

It hasn't taken long for the "Christmas Sales" signs to be replaced by "Stocktake Sales" in the major stores around our cities. These sales are basically incentives to add to our consumer appetite at bargain prices.

Today can also be a great day to "take stock" of life as the year draws to a close. Our new year resolutions are best informed by the reflection of the previous year.

These early days of a new year  invite us to take stock of core values and commitments. It means I place my commitment in small communities such as L'Arche, in the activism of groups like Amnesty International and Oxfam, in the commitment of NGOs like Palms Australia to bring about social change.

Here are some of my favourite  sites where I look back and review the past year:
And if you need something a bit more interactive you can take the ABC Quizzes.  

When I take stock of my core values I recognize my duty to use social networking tools for raising awareness of justice and peace concerns and building solidarity with those who occupy our cities for the cause of justice.

I invite you to share the story of your "Stocktake" of 2023
Read each of the 12 Days of Christmas from here.

Comments