Migrant and Refugee Sunday 2016



My introduction to the cultural diversity of Catholicism began in my childhood parish of Ss Peter and Paul's Geelong West. The chapel at St Patrick's Primary School in the parish was the base for the Italian Community.  As a young boy i can remember the intrigue and wonder when we  were given a Chinese priest,Fr Leo Tien  as an assistant. He had come from studies in Rome and led our introduction to the reforms of the Second Vatican Council.

My young adult years with the Capuchin Friars  enriched my understanding of community and nurtured my passion for work among peoples of non-English speaking backgrounds.Since those days I have had opportunities to immerse myself in cross cultural settings that include the Philippines and Papua New Guinea.

Each year in Brisbane I celebrate the World Day of Migrants and Refugees with friends and fellow pilgrims at the annual Migrant and Refugee Mass at the Cathedral of St Stephen. 

Australian Catholic Bishops Statement on Refugees 2015
The images I have captured from recent  annual Masses tell the story of a Church Without Ethnic Frontiers.
2016
20152014
2013
2011
2008

RESOURCES

Comments