Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Images That Open Your Eyes; Sydney Siege 2014


In this image:Rabbi Zalman Kastel Sheikh Wesam Charkawi, and Father Patrick McInerney 

It is important, given the situation that has played out today, that we remain united and show solidarity with each other. 

Extremists cause panic to cause division in our society. Let's not give the extremists what they want.#illridewithyou #sydneysiege #letspraytogether

Yesterday evening Columban Fr Patrick McInerney (of the Centre for 
Christian-Muslim Relations) attended a multi-faith prayer vigil for peace at Lakemba Mosque. 
Photo: #SydneySiege May our prayers be heard and accepted. Sheikh Wesam Charkawi, Father Patrick McInerney and Rabbi Zalman Kastel offered prayers tonight for the hostages and for our nation.

Mass for Victims of Siege at Martin Place


‪#‎illridewithyou‬ and I will wear my prayer cap in solidarity with my sisters and brothers of Islam

Tonight I will join my neighbours and friends at the Holland Park Mosque in prayer and solidarity.
As a Christian in the Catholic tradition I stand with my sisters and brothers of Islam, united in our commitment to live as people of peace and non-violence.
I pray with all who believe that prayer is an act of the human spirit that opens us to power beyond ourselves yet within ourselves.
As an Australian I offer my hand in welcome and my arms in embrace all who come to our shores with their rich heritage of diversity of language, religion and all that contributes to build our culture.‪#‎illridewithyou‬

Mosques, synagogues and churches are inviting the public to gather tonight to pray for a peaceful resolution to the hostage situation in Sydney, for unity, and against...
EEPURL.COM

Post a Comment