It is the Muslim feast of Eid-al-Adha, the Festival of Sacrifice that commemorates Abraham’s submission to Allah.
On January 24 2002 leaders of the world’s religions including Christians, Muslims and Jews gathered to approve the Assisi Decalogue of Peace which we read today. The words of the Decalogue echo the ancient cry of the prophet Micah to act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with your God.
- In the Spirit of St. Francis and the Sultan
- Muslims and Christians Working Together for the Common Good
- (Deacon) George Dardess, PhD JustFaith Ministries and Marvin L. Mich S.T.D.,
- The Friar and the Sultan: Francis of Assisi’s Mission to Egypt John Tolan
- Resource materials for Francis and the Sultan Study Guide Kathleen A Warren OSF
- Recent release of 'Francis and the Sultan' documentary is perfect timing
- Rich Man, Poor Man John Acocella (The New Yorker)
- Response to John Acocella’s Rich Man Poor Man Dan Horan OFM
- Embracing the Leper: Standing Against the Culture By Standing With Others