When the Bishops offered their resignations they wrote:
"As we celebrate the Feast of Christmas, the Birth of our Saviour, the Prince of Peace, it is our hope that our action may help to bring the peace and reconciliation of Jesus Christ to the victims/survivors of child sexual abuse."
Pope Benedict's refusal to accept their resignations suggests that the Vatican is not concerned about bringing " the peace and reconciliation of Jesus Christ to the victims/survivors of child sexual abuse."
There are heretics in the Vatican By Vinnie Nauheimer © All rights reserved was published on August 12 2010 provides a perspective from survivors of clergy abuse
- Bishop Walsh was a member of the first Advisory Panel of the Archdiocese of Dublin established in 1996 to manage child abuse cases. Did Bishop Walsh ensure every case reviewed by the panel was referred to the police? It appears he did not.(extract from Colm O'Gorman's Column full text here
- Reports from the Irish Times
- Pope Benedict has rewarded Irish child sex abuse coverup
- Pope rejects Dublin bishops' resignations
- John Cooney: Latest Papal diktat spells doom for people's church